Sunday 7 August 2011

REFLECTION WEEK 4 (ASSIGNMENT 5)

         Basically, this week I have learned how to analyze the data that we have collected from the questionnaire that we have done earlier on using the SurveyMonkey and Googledoc. So this week, I learned how to analyze the data using Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). After that, we had to write a report or journal using the open office by including all the information from that we got from SPSS. These are the contents that need to be included in the report or journal:

1. Title
2. Abstract
3. Introduction
4. Literature Review
5. Research Approach
6. Finding
7. Discussion
8. Recommendation and Conclusion

       First of all, there are few steps that need to be taken when we analyze certain data from the questionnaire such as:
1.    Open your SPSS.
2.    Click ‘File’ and choose the document that you want to analyze from your computer.
3.    After the file has been imported in the SPSS, it will automatically be converted into tables
4.    Change the data by using specific numbers for example:
·         Yes-0
·         No-1

5.    Run the analyze ->descriptive data: Frequencies
6.    Output will be displayed in SPSS Viewer

7.    The table and graph can be copied from SPSS Viewer to OpenOffice Writer for reporting.

        Undeniably, this task was quite challenging for me as it involved new software that I have never learned how to use before which is SPSS so I had to ask for guidance from my lecturer in order to complete this task successfully. Not only that, I even made several mistakes especially in analyzing the data but after asking my lecturer about it then I managed to analyze my data correctly. Since we only had 13 respondents including the students from IPG KDRI, so it would be easier for me and my partner to come up with the final result.
       After that, then we had to write a report or journal about it as what I have mentioned earlier on. For this task, we have divided the tasks that we need to do for each one of us so that it would be easier for us to get this task done. I learned a lot from this task, as it taught me how to write a journal which will prepare me for the next few semesters ahead. The journal must be written using the correct format and the contents must be discussed thoroughly and critically.
        In short, this week I managed to get some new knowledge that can help me in enhancing my ICT skills it’s worth it.

FREDDY BAIWAL
B.ED TESL (SM) UKM-IPGKS
INSTITUT PENDIDIKAN GURU KAMPUS SARAWAK
Jalan Bakam, 98000 Miri,
SARAWAK.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
TEL NO : 013-8579721

Yahoo mail : freddyukm@yahoo.com
Gmail : freddyukm@gmail.com
Facebook Address : http://www.facebook.com/freddyukm
Yahoo Group Address : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreddyBaiwalA135745IPGKS
Blog's URL : http://freddybaiwal.blogspot.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment