Sunday 14 August 2011

REFLECTION WEEK 6-ASSIGNMENT 7 (7a and 7b)


          The endless assignments of the computer in education subject (GE1155) have taught me to be more patient in facing every challenge ahead of me in order to become an effective and knowledgeable teacher who does not only have sound knowledge on my major but also other important areas such as ICT.
         This week was the sixth week of lecture and our final examination is just around the corner and I could hardly spare my time to do my revision as there are still many assignments that need to be done as soon as possible. I always have problem with my time management especially for this particular subject and I always tried my best to finish my work on time since this subject really tests my forbearance and determination. However, I am pretty glad that we are given the opportunity to learn this subject since we would have a chance to enhance and brush up our knowledge about ICT.
          The assignment for this week was about creative effective multimedia Production and the tasks consist of two parts 7a and 7b. Assignment 7a was about the application of Open Office Impress where we had to do a power point slides based on our Mini Research report using Open Office Impress instead of Microsoft PowerPoint. After that, we also need to include some relevant important information from our mini research report in our PowerPoint slides. Not only that, the PowerPoint slides also must be designed creatively with the custom animation and desired templates. It was indeed pretty challenging at the first place for I have never utilized Open Office Impress for doing powerpoint slides before since I have been fully dependent on Microsoft Powerpoint all this while. I finally realized that there are still many other types of software that can be used to create a PowerPoint slides and word documents including the open office. Well, I think it was not burdening at all for I had the chance to explore more about ICT and its worth it. For this assignment, my partner and I had to simplify the information in our mini research report to be included in our PowerPoint slides. Besides, my partner and I also employed some of the basic shapes available and also some pictures and graphic organizers to make it nicer and cool and then we edited it and uploaded it in the GoogleDoc for sharing with our coursemates and also our lecturer.
         Meanwhile, for assignment 7b, it concerned more on the multimedia courseware where we were assigned to create a video by utilizing Windows Movie Maker and also include some other multimedia elements such as
layered graphic/image (edit in GIMP), (custom animation; edit in GIMP) & audio record and edit using Audacity. Before we create our video, Mr. Fariduddin has taught us about audio editing using software known as Audacity. The software can be downloaded from the internet for free and it can be used to cut audio and some other applications that were available in the software. After we have edited the music, we applied it in our movie maker to create the video. I personally like this task since it seriously fun.

FREDDY BAIWAL
B.ED TESL (SM) UKM-IPGKS
INSTITUT PENDIDIKAN GURU KAMPUS SARAWAK
Jalan Bakam, 98000 Miri,
SARAWAK.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
TEL NO : 013-8579721

Yahoo mail : freddyukm@yahoo.com
Gmail : freddyukm@gmail.com
Facebook Address : http://www.facebook.com/freddyukm
Yahoo Group Address : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreddyBaiwalA135745IPGKS
Blog's URL : http://freddybaiwal.blogspot.com  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment